Primordial Radio Mental Health Info
One thing we do talk about, a lot, which is really important to us and comes into close focus right now, is mental health.
It is Mental Health Awareness Week next week (18-24 May 2020) and this year’s theme is kindness.
We know we have this in abundance within the Fam and would love to hear from you if you have been a recipient or instigator of a kind act for another PRFam member recently or are planning something during lockdown. Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Because there is loads of information flying around at the moment and it’s all a bit overwhelming, we have pulled together some resources that may be helpful:
- Dewsbury’s Seize the Opportunity poster and some other hints from the #PRFam – hit up Facebook here
- Mind has loads of information available online to help manage your mental health and wellbeing during this difficult time – Visit the Mind website
Our friends at Manchester Mind have also been compiling some useful resources and tips to support you and your family.
- Support for young people is available here
- Wellbeing tips/ tips for working at home here
- 5 Acts of Kindness – check them out here
Primordial Radio Mental Health
In case you missed it, take a listen to the Bill Courage’s podcast which covers life, death, grief and belief with heartbreaking honesty, as Bill talks about his family, and the tragic loss of his son– Listen here to EP153 (trigger warning – upsetting content)
If you didn’t know there is also a #PRFam Mental Health group and #PRFAM Isolation Group. Check out a full list of Primordial Radio Facebook Groups here
If you, or someone you know, is in crisis there is loads of help available and www.samaritans.org is a good place to go to talk to someone.