What Do YOU Value?
Well, it’s been a while since we highlighted our values, so given it is World Values Day on Thursday 20th October, we thought it was good time to do just that.
While we say Go Fuck Yourself (GFY) quite a lot, you do not have to go far to find love, kindness and compassion within the #PRFam.
This makes us very proud of what we have all, and we mean everyone, worked so hard to build and create as a community.
Although it may not seem this has anything to do with values, they have always been there and always will be. We use them consistently and continuously in all our decision-making, and now seems a good time to revisit them.
This is especially pertinent because since we reflected on what our values are and brought them all together in February 2020 (literally the last time the team met up in 2020), the world has gone to shit (and there doesn’t seem to be much sign of that changing anytime soon… sigh).
Between then and now we have all faced many challenges and what we always go back to is our values, to guide us and ensure we are sticking to our rules and doing the right thing.
Not sure what our beliefs and values are? Here, is a quick reminder…
- The rock and metal community deserves better
- Within the community are all the skills, talents, intellect, and inspiration we need to grow and succeed
- A constant diet of the familiar becomes boring: new music, new bands, new friends, and new ideas keep things fresh
- There is more than one way to experience the world of rock and metal, so we’ll keep growing
The Power of One
- We trust intensely – each other, volunteers, and members of the wider community
- We know great things can start from a good idea, a single conversation, a chance encounter so we pay attention, enquire honestly, and listen with an open mind
Fiercely Independent yet Not Alone
- We are owned by and accountable to our members and no one else
- This is no place of ‘us and them’ thinking
Serious About a Good Time
- We make light of the work but do not take it lightly
- Loyalty and respect are a two-way street
- We do our best to do the right thing and would never knowingly betray, mislead, or misguide our community
So, considering events over the past few years you might be wondering what is next?
Well, as outlined at our recent AGM things have changed quite a bit around here, but we are still staying true to our core values (listen to our podcast with Values Consultant Jackie LeFevre of The Magma Effect here).
Difficult decisions have had to be made to ensure we can carry on, but there is much to look forward to with our upcoming Halloween event, PGM 2023 and lots of other events and developments in the pipeline for next year.
We have been working on the website for non-members and have just relaunched our sister site HOF Competitions.
But the most important thing, which will always be our priority, is you.
What is clear is that many of our community continue to struggle.
The existential threat of the pandemic and the ongoing cost of living crisis has meant many of us remain in self-preservation mode and are getting through one day at a time.
While life is slowly getting back to some form of normality with the world is opening up, in among the stresses and worries, many people are trying to make up for lost time.
We pride ourselves on the fact we have provided an escape for many during this difficult time, which none of us were immune to. We are also still feeling the aftershocks of the pandemic, the impact it had on our business and remain cautious, but optimistic about the future.
So, our strategy going forward is decided and strongly influenced by the changes the team have individually and collectively experienced (birth, death, and everything in between). We will continue to focus on our pillars, including providing as much information as possible to support positive mental health and we really are ramping up our focus on our value Serious About a Good Time. This has continued to be central to Primordial, but now we have more opportunities to make those good times happen. Whether on-air, on Twitch or most importantly at our events, which we know are the lifeblood of this community.
As always, we are here, we are listening, and we will do whatever we can to ensure this community continues to thrive.