Code of Conduct
Primordial’s Code of Conduct ensures everyone understands what behaviour is expected, and what behaviour will not be tolerated at our events.
Primordial provides a harassment-free and inclusive event experience for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or another protected category. Anyone asked to stop any harassing behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
Primordial expects that event attendees will:
- Be considerate and respectful to everyone
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour and speech
- Speak up if they observe anything at an event that conflicts with this Code of Conduct. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of security or the Primordial team as soon as possible.
Unacceptable behaviour from any event attendees will not be tolerated. Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or conduct
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability
- Inappropriate photography or recording
- Taking of photographs of children at the event without prior permission
- Any lewd or offensive behaviour or language that contains obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the event venue
Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately. If anyone engages in unacceptable behaviour, Primordial may take any action it deems appropriate, including warning or expelling the perpetrator from the venue or event with no refund.
What to do if you are Witness or are subjected to Unacceptable Behaviour
If you are subjected to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify security or a member of the Primordial Team as soon as possible. The event team will be available to assist those experiencing unacceptable behaviour to feel safe for the duration of the event. All reports will remain completely confidential. For further support please see www.primordialradio.com/resources
You can also read of Safe Events Pledge here
This Code of Conduct is the product of Primordial’s commitment to create and nurture a welcoming, respectful, and collaborative community, and we thank you all for sharing our commitment. – Primordial Radio