The Primordial Safe Events Pledge
To help us make our events as safe and inclusive as possible please read our safe events pledge and read and adhere to our Code of Conduct. Our code of conduct addresses how we tackle harassment, bullying, abuse and assault and act as a deterrent for potential perpetrators and reassure those who may be vulnerable or subjected to this behaviour
The Primordial team and community, always looks out for us and each other through an open culture of mutual support and respect
We are knowledgeable about why there is an issue and why we need this safe events pledge. For insight into the severity of this please see further information below.
Primordial provides a harassment-free and inclusive event experience for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or another protected category.
- make our stance on safer events clear prior to events through the website, social media, on-air, on the podcast and during the gig
- take zero tolerance approach to any incident
- carry out a safety audit of venues
- carry out bag searches to protect against spiking any other unacceptable behaviour
- train all staff and volunteers to keep an eye on what is happening, including implementing the “Ask Angela” initiative and responding effectively to reports
- make artists, their teams, and other staff aware of the principles Primordial stands by and engage them in promoting safety and inclusion
- provide safe spaces where people can go if they feel overwhelmed. Making sure at least one non-male, trained security staff is there to support any women who have been victims of sexual harassment or assault
- de-brief with staff and volunteers post event and ask attendees for feedback to make improvements to this pledge and ensure our events are safe and inclusive. We ask that these are emailed to Moose or Dewsbury and any issues are taken to the team in the first instance.
We encourage you to:
- Read and adhere to our code of conduct and actively contribute to making Primordial events fun, safe and inclusive by checking your own behaviour and being an active bystander. Safe Gigs for Women set out the 4 Ds of being an active bystander