Staying true to our values
15th October is World Values Day and is an annual campaign to increase the awareness and practice of values around the world.
#WorldValuesDay provides an opportunity to think on our most deeply held values and explore and act on them with others. This year the focus is on putting our values into action.
By putting Values into action each day we can change not only ourselves but also
- our organisations,
- the communities we belong to,
- and the whole world for the better.
In the Rock and Metal world of Primordial Radio, values are a key.
They are part of why we came about and hopefully why you are here, reading this.
For those that are new to Primordial Radio or perhaps would like a recap –
The Power of One
- We trust intensely – each other, volunteers and members of the wider community
- We know great things can start from a good idea, a single conversation, a chance encounter so we pay attention, enquire honestly and listen with an open mind
Fiercely Independent yet Not Alone
- We are owned by and accountable to our members and no one else
- This is no place of ‘us and them’ thinking
- We do not seek or accept advertising or conventional sponsorship
Serious About a Good Time
- We make light of the work but do not take it lightly
- Loyalty and respect are a two-way street
- We do our best to do the right thing and would never knowingly betray, mislead or misguide our community
Values are increasingly the focus of public debate and discussion, but their role in our lives and their importance are not always fully understood.
Here at Primordial Radio our core values are always at the front of whatever we do, along with the Primordial Radio Rules but that doesn’t make us complacent.
It is important to know your thoughts as everything Primordial Radio does is driven by you. Your views will shape our future and we cannot express how highly they are ‘valued’ (see what we did there).
If you’d like the full backstory, can we recommend taking a listen to the very first Primordial Radio Podcast and check out the outcome of the Values Workshop we did back in the Summer ?